Sunday Post #34: Final One of the Year

Happy Sunday everyone! It's another Sunday Post hosted at the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. This is the last Sunday Post of the year and my goodness it's been a heck of a year for me. I had the worst break up known to mankind, graduated from grad school, got my dream job as a teen librarian, and had my first baby. I thought that this year was bad, but honestly there was a lot more good than bad and I'm glad that I was finally able to put that into perspective. I read over 100 books and excelled in adding content to my Youtube channel as well as attempting to get back into the flow of blogging. I'm hoping that next year will be even more productive. Keep reading to find out what I read this week.







This week was definitely a romance heavy week. I read a total of 745 pages. I really focused on some e-books that I have checked out on Kindle Unlimited. One of my goals this week was to read more books by black contemporary romance authors as well as more by urban authors. I've really found some great indie authors to read from. It's a new journey for me and I must admit I'm loving it. 


 A Merry Little Filthmas (4 Stars), Christmas With the Hockey Boss (2 Stars), Everything I Desire (4 Stars)


My Love Wasn't Meant For You (3 Stars). Mind Gap (3 Stars), Hood Luvin From A White Boy (3 Stars)




I was going to push myself really hard to finish all the books in the world before the end of the year, but honestly I'm just going to go with the flow. Whatever I get read is what I get read. Anything that I didn't complete from my TBR can just role over into next month. I'm not going to stress myself out. Here's what I think I can definitely finish by the end of the year. 






  • Top 10 YA Books of the Decade (2010-2019)
  • 10 Annual Bookish End of Year Survey 
  • Waiting on Wednesday 
  • Everything I Desire (Review) 
  • Friday, #56
  • Christmas With the Hockey Boss & A Merry Little Filthmas (Christmas Novella Reviews)
  • Sunday Post, #35


Share:

5 comments:

  1. Wow, you've certainly had a busy year but I'm glad you can see the good. Being a mum is bloody hard but I wouldn't change it for the world.
    When it comes to blogging, sometimes it's tough to fit everything in but we've just got to remember that it's supposed to be a joyful hobby.
    Happy New Year and I hope you enjoy the rest of your week.
    Here's my Sunday Post
    Flora x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that's quite an eventful year. I didn't know about the break-up. Sorry to hear about that (or maybe it's a good thing?). But hooray for becoming a mom and landing your dream job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to start using my KU before my trial runs out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m glad that you have discovered that on balance your last decade was a good one. Congratulations on all your achievements

    Wishing you a great reading week and a Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you accomplished a lot this year. I also got a new job and a new baby, and my reading suffered for it. I wish I could have read 100 books. Have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete