Top 10 Tuesday: Books That Take Place In Schools


Happy Tuesday Everyone! That means that today is a day for Top 10 Tuesday hosted by Jana at the Artsy Reader Girl. Today we're supposed to discuss books related to school. We could adjust the topic as we saw fit. I decided to go with my favorite books that take place in schools! Keep reading to find out what I enjoyed! 



Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling. How could I not include this book?!? Everyone knows about Hogwarts and it wouldn't be a complete list without this series. Rowling does such an amazing job and pulling readers into this world and the school setting that readers are constantly wishing that they had the chance to attend Hogwarts. A Study In Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro. Okay, so I'm going to tell the truth and say that I don't really remember that much about this book, but I know that I absolutely loved it and it took place in a boarding school surrounding two descendants of Holms and Watson. Morning Glories. This is probably one of my favorite comic book series. I absolutely love Morning Glories. This book takes place in a boarding school, but the boarding school is twisted and weird and I'm so upset I haven't finished the series yet.


Food Wars by Yuto Tsukuda. This is one of my favorite manga of all time. If you're into manga and you haven't had the chance to read it PICK IT UP! It's like Iron Chef on steroids. All of the students attend an elite cooking school and compete against each other to become a part of what they call the Elite 10. I love it (if you couldn't tell) and I highly recommend it. Read my review here. The School for Good & Evil Series by Soman Chainani. This is a great middle grade series for those who readily enjoy fantasy, fairytale re-tellings, or adventure. Two girls are kidnapped and sent to a fairytale world. One is intended for the school of good and the other for the school of evil. The girls do not end up at the schools that they think they are intended for. Read my review here. The Woods by James Tynion IV. This is another one of my favorite comic book series. This is kind of a stretch in terms of taking place in a school; however, the book does start in a school before they are transported to an alien world with their classmates. If you haven't checked it out I definitely recommend it.


The Gemma Doyle Trilogy by Libba Bray. This is such a phenomenal series. I know that a lot of people don't enjoy it, but I loved it. It's a paranormal series that takes place in a boarding school and has some interesting elements. I still haven't finished the series which is so sad, but hopefully I'll get to it soon. Read my review book 2 here. Gotham Academy. Okay so everyone has heard of Gotham city and possibly Gotham Academy. While this series started off amazing. I ended up not enjoying it at the end. You can read my review for Vol. 1 here and Vol. 2 here. One of Us Is Lying by Karen McManus. This is definitely the book for people who are fans of the Breakfast Club and mysteries. I really enjoyed this book. It has some problematic elements, but overall it was pretty good. Read my review here.


Anna & the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. I read this one last week and my goodness it was AMAZING. I loved that it took place at a boarding school in France. The characters were lovable and definitely kept me interested. The romance was also swoon worthy. 
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment