Top 10 Tuesday: Books To Read When You're Short on Time


Happy Tuesday everyone! It's Tuesday so that means another Top 10 Tuesday hosted by the ladies over at the Broke and the Bookish. This weeks theme focused on books that either are really short, books that we've read in one sitting, books that have kept us reading all day, or as in my case books to read when you're short on time. A lot of books on my list are either comics or manga! I hope this gives you some new stuff to try out! : )




Persepolis. This is a great graphic memoir that illustrates Iran in the late 1970s during the Iranian Revolution. I had to read this my freshman year of college and I've read it twice since then. It is an unforgettable book that takes no time to read. Percy Jackson & The Olympians. I used the cover for the Battle of the Labyrinth; however, this entire series is great to read when you're short on time. I know this because I binged the entire series in about a week. : ) Fables. This list wouldn't be complete without including fables. Like all comics, this series is really great to read when you are looking for a quick read and some fairy-tale retellings.




Food Wars. Once again I used volume 3 for the artwork, but this entire series is great for anyone who is interested in reading a great manga when they are short on time. It has dynamic characters and an amazing and interesting plot line. Alex + Ada. This series is short and contains a great plot for those who are interested in science fiction. Lying Out Loud. I know that this is a quick read because I read it in one sitting. In fact, if you ever need a book to read in a short period of time I would definitely recommend anything by Kody Keplinger.





Nana. This is another great manga series to check out if you are looking for great characters and storyline even if you don't have enough time. Zodiac Starforce. Kick-ass females is all I need to say here. Impulse. If you ever don't have enough time to read, any works by Ellen Hopkins are great.

Between the World & Me. This is such a powerful book and to be so short you'll be amazed that this book leaves you with such a powerful impression. I absolutely loved it when I read it.

If you're interested in learning more about some of these books or books by the same authors check out my reviews below:

Nana Vol. 1 & 2 
Food Wars Vol. 1, 2, 3, & 4
Alex + Ada 
Jack of Fables Vol. 1 & 2 (same author as Fables series)
Embroideries (same author as Persepolis)
Between The World & Me 
Share:

4 comments:

  1. I like your list of books! I forgot about adding Persepolis 1 and 2 as well as Embroideries by Marjane Satrapi to my post this week.

    Here's a link to my TTT post: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2017/03/top-ten-tuesday-list-of-books-to-read.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to Persepolis and Between the World and Me! I thought about including them as well but I didn't actually read them in one sitting. Both really excellent books that don't take a ton of time to get through!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. PJO books were on my list this week too!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/03/21/top-ten-tuesday-99/

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL-Lying out Loud. Sounds like what Trump keeps doing. Hope the book was better than his lies. Ha!
    My TTT, a day late

    ReplyDelete