The Friday #56, #7 Food Wars! Shokugeki No Soma Vol. 5 by Yuto Tsukuda

The Friday #56 is weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice. Join in every Friday and share an excerpt from a book you've been reading. Here are the rules:

  • Grab a book, any book 
  • Turn to page 56 or 56% in your e-reader
  • Find any sentence (or a few, don't spoil it)
  • Post it 

** Be sure to post the links to your Friday 56 below! 


Happy Reading!


So this week I've decided to take an excerpt in the form of a photograph from my newly obsessed fandom Food Wars! I picked this series up because it looked interesting and I'm absolutely loving it and the anime. If you love cooking or you enjoy the show Iron Chef I would definitely give this a try. Slight warning though it will make you rather hungry while reading. With a combination of humor and self-discovery this manga is guaranteed to blow your mind. 

This is a high light of when the characters go to a cooking camp in which they must pass all of the cooking challenges or risk being expelled and sent home. The camp is completely brutal, but definitely challenges the creativity of the students at Totsuki Institute. 



Synopsis: 

The assignment is to invent a new dish worthy of appearing on the high-class Totsuki Resort's breakfast menu. To create their dishes, Soma and his friends use the combined knowledge and confidence they've gained while at the cooking camp to individually pass the challenge.--everyone, that is, except for Soma! Having made a critical error, he finds himself behind with little time left. What can he do to overcome his biggest hurdle yet?!? 
Share:

3 comments:

  1. I've seen some of the anime and I liked it. Thanks for sharing. I really need to check out the manga for this one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love graphic novels and this one looks super fun! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read manga in awhile - I'll have to get back into it! :)

    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).

    ReplyDelete