Top 10 Tuesday: Last 10 Books I Bought



Happy Tuesday everyone! And you know what that means! Another top 10 Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish! This weeks theme is to talk about our last 10 books acquired through review copies, purchases, or library check-outs. Here are my last 10 acquired books in no particular order:






 Okay so if you know me then you know I'm a huge fan of Romeo and Juliet especially the movie remake with Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Danes. I found this book on Book Outlet and when I saw that it was a Romeo and Juliet retelling I just had to get it.



I mean it's the Lunar Chronicles! Need I say more? After reading Cinder I just knew I had to get Scarlet. 


I was looking for another contemporary author and Jennifer Echols seemed like a good place to start!

















Okay first of all how could I not buy a book about Jane Austen?!? I absolutely love her so when I found out this was a book about Jane Austen from her cousin's perspective I had to pick it up. This book has cute drawings, lists, and diary entries that make it even more appealing!! 





Okay so there is an explanation for this lol. I definitely already have a copy of Outlander; however, I left my copy at my parent's home sooooo I needed a copy that I could read until I can get my original copy back.

There is no explanation for this except the fact that I get more of Lucas. If I had a book boyfriend outside of Jamie from Outlander it definitely would be him.



Okay so if you guys didn't know. I had all the 1st edition copies of the Harry Potter books when I was younger. I lent them to a friend and never got them back so I'm re-collecting all the books in different editions. I recently acquired the 4th in the scholastic paperback editions that make Hogwarts castle. 











Another Wizard of Oz re-telling?!? Ahhh this purchase made my life...like seriously. I love Wizard of Oz re-tellings. 



I mean it's a historical fiction about Nefertiti and Egypt. I didn't major in history for nothing haha. 




I mean just look at the cover. But then imagine reading it and finding out that it deals with flappers in the 1920's. It's enough to make anyone who loves historical fiction go insane. 












Want to see more of my latest books purchases? Check out the two videos below: 



Share:

7 comments:

  1. Wow, someone STOLE your HP books? That's a serious crime against humanity! Glad you're recollecting -- the new covers are amazing. Almost makes me wish someone stole my first editions :)

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right!! That's the same thing I said. I was so heart broken, but I'm loving the new covers. :)

      Delete
  2. Lots of good ones! I'm trying to imagine being forced to choose between Jamie and Lucas as best book boyfriend... ACK! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I keep trying to choose between the two and it is extremely difficult! :)

      Delete
  3. I love historical fiction. I want to read Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran. I read The Memoirs of Cleopatra by Margaret George years ago, and loved it. I haven't read too much on Nefertiti, so I'm gonna put this on my wishlist. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know when you read Cleopatra's Daughter! I have it sitting on my bookshelf, but I have yet to read it.

      Delete
    2. You won't believe this. I just remembered to go put it on my Amazon wishlist, and saw that it's $1.99 on eBook. *squeals* So, of course, I snapped it up. Lol Don't know when I'll read it. But I'll let you know. :-)

      Delete