Top 10 Tuesday: Books as Movies/TV Shows



So this top 10 Tuesday focuses on books we would like to see as Movies or T.V. shows! This was actually relatively difficult for me to come up with because I have so many books I would love to see as t.v. shows or movies. 

  1. The Diviners Series by Libba Bray: A young woman fighting against paranormal activity in NYC in the 1920s?!? You can't tell me the scenery for this wouldn't be completely epic!
  2. Dorothy Must Die Series by Danielle Paige: We've all seen the Wizard of Oz, but I would love to see this spin on the tale in which Dorothy is the evil villain. :)
  3. Percy Jackson & The Olympians by Rick Riordan: Yes I know two movies have already been made about the first two books, but let's be honest they were AWFUL! I think it would be best if these epic books were turned into a t.v. show where they could focus on staying accurate to the work of Rick Riordan. 
  4. The Saga Graphic Novel by Brian K. Vaughn & Fiona Staples: While I know it would be rated mature for graphic material, I would absolutely love to see this made into a t.v. show. I mean who doesn't love a good sci-fi t.v. show?
  5. A Great & Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray: I know I must love Libba Bray because she made the list twice! I really love t.v. shows and movies that take place in historical time periods and Bray really captures this idea in A Great & Terrible Beauty. 
  6. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss: So I haven't exactly finished this book yet; however, from what I have read so far, I would absolutely love to see this fantasy series as a t.v. show. 
  7. The Hex Hall Series by Rachel Hawkins: Paranormal activity that takes place at a boarding school?!? This would make a perfect t.v. show for ABC Family. 
  8. Chew Comic Series: I mean the main character can tell how someone has been murdered from tasting a bit of their flesh. You can't tell me that wouldn't make for a great cartoon series!! 
  9. Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: Well from my personal research I don't have to wait much longer. Apparently they have already started casting for this movie. 
  10. The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison: It would be incredibly sad, but so beautifully poetic. I would love to see these characters come to life in a movie.
What are some books you would like to see turned into movies/TV shows?
Share:

6 comments:

  1. Amazing picks. I haven't read a lot of these but I think they'd make great tv shows or movies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check some of them out!! You might really end up liking them. :)

      Delete
  2. I don't know if I trust anyone to adapt Percy Jackson well after the horror that was the movies, but if a TV show did my favourite books justice then I would probably watch.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/06/02/top-ten-tuesday-7/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was horrified too when I saw the first movie! I think I made it through like 20 minutes before I just got pissed off. If somebody could carefully take notice of detail and follow Rick Riordan's work I would be so appreciative lol :) I'll be sure to check out your list!

      Delete
  3. Yes! Saga! That would be great. I think it would make a fantastic anime. I can't picture it being live action but I'd watch it if it was done well. :)

    My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! lol It would be a great anime series!

      Delete